At Higher Fire, we want everyone to feel safe & comfortable working in our newly redesigned studio with social-distancing, increased ventilation, and revised cleaning protocols.
These changes are in accordance with requirements set forth by Santa Clara County Health Department, as well as recommendations by the CDC.
Our COVID-19 readiness plans are on file with the county and posted publicly at the studio. We invite you to review this information, and contact us with any questions.
- Do not come into the studio if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, cough, loss of smell, or difficulty breathing.
- If you feel that an individual in the studio is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms in the studio please speak with a staff member immediately and we will respond appropriately.
- Hand sanitizer is available around studio for personal use.
- Everyone must wear a face covering inside the studio, at all times.
- Masks must cover from the bridge of your nose to underneath your chin. Signage around the studio emphasizes proper mask-wearing.
- In addition to regular clean-up, everyone must also disinfect any shared tools at our centralized cleaning station. Signage is posted, QR-Code video lessons are available, and teachers & staff are trained and available to guide everyone in their usage.
- Pottery wheels, surrounding workspaces, and counters will be disinfected after each use.
- Both clean-up sinks and restrooms have additional hand soap and new paper towel dispensers.
- Restroom exhaust fans are permanently on; lidded toilet seats have been installed to reduce risk of aerosols after flushing.
- The studio is sprayed down with disinfectant in the morning before opening, and throughout the day as workspaces are cleaned & reset.
- Extra fresh air & ventilation is provided by opening our double-wide front sliding doors, which produces a draft through the building, front-to-back, during regular business hours (and evening classes).
- Overnight, two Bailey air filtration systems are run for 12 hours with HEPA filtering protection, 99.97% efficiency at .3 microns.